Nursery School Dulwich – Excel is an Ofsted registered day nursery catering for over 60 children in the local community. We opened 18.11.2002 . Coming up to 15 years.
Our staff – all of whom have been working with us for a minimum of 4 years and a maximum of 10 years. Not many nurseries can say this. We have happy staff and therefore happy children and contented parents and carers.
We have extended opening hours to fit in with demands of our discerning parents.
- Our standard opening hours are from 8-6pm.
- Our Forest Hill Nursery offers a early start option from 7.30am until 6.30pm Monday to Friday as an added extra
- The nursery remains open for 50 weeks a year, closing only for 1 week during Easter and 1 week over Christmas which includes the New Year period.
Our aims are:
- To recognise that each child is an individual and to provide personalised care plans.
- To enhance the development of children in a caring a stimulating group.
- To provide a safe, secure and friendly environment for children, parents and staff.
- To work within a framework which ensures equity of opportunity for all children and families.
- To work closely with parents and provide support and encouragement for your little ones.
The nursery has been divided into classes according to the children’s age range.
We have our dedicated baby unit – Busy Bees which provides a safe and secure environment from the age of three months to 1 years. The children then progress to the Toddler Mix Unit at the age of about 13 months which aims to extend and build upon their development. They then move on to the Rainbows Room which is for the older toddlers and finally they then move on to Little Learners Pre-school area from the age of three, which is often the time the children are prepared for the important transition into school.
Wrap Around Care
We provide a state of the art wrap around service for children who have been accepted at the local authority reception class. We can drop your child to school, and collect them and give them a light tea, help with any homework and look after them until you finish work at 6pm.
This care even goes on during the school holidays -so you don’t have to worry about child care here either – So even the 6 weeks school holiday is covered.